Thursday, October 23

Vegan Pumpkin Cake with Pecan Steusel.

These are pecans!
This is pumpkin filling and dry goods. The batter was delightful.
This is an assembled cake, duh!!!
Fresh from the oven....
Fuckin' good!
My little kitchen.
My sleeping baby cat.

I've been feeling really bummed on photography lately, especially Polaroid. Not only does it suck ass that film is so expensive and hard to find, but half the time I get it its expired and looks like shit. I've also broke two sx-70's in two months while working on the parasitic twin project and I might be too broke to buy another. Bummer. I think I've buried myself in a weird creative rut, and instead of making art or taking photo's I've been reading too many zines and acting too domestic. I had the day off today and I baked this vegan cake- it was really fun and I had fun taking photos along the way. I'm hoping this creative slump will wear off, but until then, please enjoy the pleasantries.

2 comments:

Maura said...

ooooh that cake looks sooo yummy!! i go through this all the time! usually what helps me is going through crafty blogs and finding something easy to do.
i think on the first i'm going to order that silkscreen kit so we should make cards!
i am so broke i don't even know if i will be able to bus it to and from school next week, money is the worst thing ever!

miles m. said...

mmmmmm this cake is cheering me up right now. thanks for being such an amazing baker!