Friday, February 6

i am feeling sick and i miss my friend karin.



these are old. not very old, but you've seen photos from this little group before. so why do i post these again? i was thinking that it is easy to think a certain photo is the best one when really it isnt. sometimes you need a few days or weeks to figure out which ones are good. i never have enough patience to thoroughly examine anything, and i dont take enough time to take a step back and think about which photos came out the way i was feeling. i sometimes get caught up in wanting things to look "cool". whatever that means. these two photos were not even in my top ten when i first saw the photos from that night, but now, looking at them again, i see that they do a fine job of expressing how i felt when i took those self portraits, and what i wanted to convey in them: boredom, apathy, laziness and want.
i am still not happy with these photos, but i am happy wish the way they are making me think. so i thought i would share.
miles and i are working on a project now, you will see more of that in a later day.

1 comment:

The sound of an earnest mind said...

I understand exactly how that goes. The same thing happens with me and music. That's why I record most of the stuff I attempt to write, now. I've let too many pieces fall into the abyss of forgotten things.