Friday, July 31

in the dark

Last week Miles took me to 'Scrap'- a junkyard meets craft store thrifting hybrid in Bayview. The place was amazing...walls of old National Geographics, crates of old 45's, canvas, yarn, old photos. wood, cloth, etc etc etc. While there I scored a handful of old photos as well as some super rad slides. I love this photo because its such a simple mess up with its bleached out tones and lack of focus. Ive also been really into the subtle overlapping of shapes and tones all around me, and though this isnt too subtle, it certainly has triangles and rectangles that carry over throughout the photo.
I just cant get over how much I love found photos. I plan on making this one into a birthday card, but first im going to use it to make a drawing in paint. Exciting!

No comments: