Thursday, June 26

Pagan!


A few years back, when I was 19 and living in a beautiful adult house on Upham street, I spoiled my inner-adult fantasies and went to an estate sale in search of real, handcrafted furniture. I left said estate sale with tin trays, measuring cups that someones Grandma used for 5o years of baking and struessling, and a gorgeous 80 pound wood and glass medicine cabinet. The medicine cabinet is everything you could want in a bathroom fixture...its aged, the cream colored paint is chipping and the inside has been gutted and left dry. In my infinite wisdom I purchased the cabinet for $50, knowing that someday, I would own a beautiful cottage and store it in my bathroom then. Now that I am 2 years older, I have found a more practical (?) use for the cabinet and have converted it into a Day of The Dead Altar. I know, how pagan, how witchy!
The altar is warm with candles and so hippified with sage incense. It sparkles with mexican tiles, glitter, and photos of my dear aunt and nana. Its the centerpiece of our living area (until Miles moves it to play GTA) and I love it so much.

Anyways, I urge you all to make your own altar! Add candles! Draw pictures! Take Photos! Whatever! MAke it beautiful! Be a witch for a few hours!

1 comment:

Maura said...

ugh this is soooo beautiful!! really it is tiff, you crafty lady!
i so want to make one now!
<3